Technology and behaviors I’m using to enhance my sleep on an ideal day as of 4/26/18. Manage to execute all of the following on about 70% of my days:
I use three forms of light therapy every morning. Usually before touching phone or interacting with backlit screen.
- 7:00 am – Blue light therapy via illumy
- 7:30 am – Simulated sunrise with Philips Hue lights. Reliable, but insufficient intensity. Usually wakes me but negligible effect on energy.
- 8:00 am (or whenever I become properly conscious) – 20 mins of 10k Lux equivalent exposure via Luminette goggles. Seem to alleviate grogginess.
- 200mg Provigil, 100ug intranasal Orexin-A, 40 mg Nexium for nausea
- 20 minutes mindfulness meditation. Sometimes use guided audio with Headspace.
- 8:45 am – 50/50: high fat ketogenic breakfast or no breakfast
Spend about half my day in a windowless office at a fairly ergonomic desk.
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – light caffeine intake usually diet coke or bulletproof tea
- 30 – 40 min walk to office, sometimes 30 minutes of light cardio (basketball)
- 10k Lux bulbs in office.
- 1:00 pm – 100ug intranasal Orexin-A, 20 minute walk outside.
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm – moderate ketogenic lunch, usually cobb salad or 3/4 lbs pastrami
- f.lux or equivalent color filter on all screens. (usually have these on all day, my iPhone is also permanently grayscale)
- UV/orange glasses on at all times
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm – large ketogenic dinner
- 11:00 pm – screens off, end shower with 15+ seconds of 33° F immersion
- set chilipad to 24° C
- 11:30 pm – 1.5 mg melatonin
- read on backlit kindle paperwhite, put on BIPAP
- 12:00 am – sunset simulation with illumy
Been waking up with rested body, calmer mind. Still feel bit of constriction in back of head, near junction with upper neck. Could be elastic straps on head. Able to stay conscious all day, attention span peaks upon arrival at office and at nightfall. Unable to stay focused for more than 2 hours.
Been waking up naturally around 7:30 am (no auditory alarms). Other days I rip off ventilator and wake up between 9 and 11 am, with headaches, stimulants keep me conscious and useless.
would like to reduce stimulant intake with caffeine-free tea and titration of provigil, more focus on orexin-a as effects become clearer. scheming automated orexin-a delivery via inline nebulizer activated 1-hour before waking. Beginning Xyrem titration upon insurance approval.